Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Someday

- Have I mentioned the dissonance between dreams and reality?? I've had this mixed blessing/curse of being a "Huggy Girl Guy" (my sisters term) - of having mostly women friends through my life.  A number of those friendships came from romances that bloomed only briefly, and then converted over to something a tad more than just friends, but shy of lovers - sort of a romantic no-mans land, which lead to this song.  August of '90

Someday
She's another lovely spirit, I can add to my collection,
of friendships that have come from lovers,
"Can't we just be friends, forever?"
Another friend that wants me, but not the way it used to be,
if it's true that I've done nothing wrong, then what am I supposed to learn?

[Chorus]
And like all the rest, you tell me that someday, someday,
I'll make some woman very happy, but it won't be you,
and in those words, I feel my heart beat slowing to a crawl,
I want that someday, someday...

I try to play the manly part, and claim I never wanted you,
I try to pull my heart away, before I start to cry.
I know what we had, wasn't perfect, but it seemed so much better,
than this loneliness that's left, I'm just so tired of trying,

[Chorus]

(C) 2011 Dave Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment