Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Don't make me a liar

- Another idea is that if one gives enough, that is, in it self, enough. That if you just keep trying, keep giving, that somehow that will make up for all the other differences in needs/desires/ideas, all the other stuff doesn't matter. Not sure where this came from, but it manifests itself in the form of "as long as I love her enough, nothing else can go wrong".  Obviously, when you look at it, this can't work - nothing is that simple, but it is seductive in it's purity.

This song, from about 1988 bubbles up from that place. Another one that I'll push out as music some day.

Don't make me a liar

Seems like just a couple days ago-
that I had the foolish notion, that my heart might never break again.
You loved me once, I know
Some how that's all different, now you call us friends.

Don't make me a liar  - I don't want to lie
all the dreams with you, I've promised, please don't let them die
Don't make me a looser - I don't want to lose
everything we cherished - I can't see why you'd choose
   To make me a liar?

(C) 2011 Dave Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment